Founded in 1998, Ensim is a leading provider of solutions to automate and monetize cloud and on-premise applications and services for service providers and enterprises. Key functionality includes; on-boarding, orchestration, provisioning, billing, and management, of users and organizations in private, public, and hybrid clouds. Ensim has over 5,000,000 seats deployed worldwide and is used by over 20,000 small, medium, and large sized organizations and government agencies through Service Providers, MSP's, System Integrators, and Resellers.
Key modules include; marketplace, ordering, service catalog, pricing and product modeling, provisioning, entity and user roles and rights, operations management, rating and billing, tax, payment, ticketing, and reporting. Pre-built service automation connectors are available for a wide variety of applications, services, and infrastructure systems such as messaging, VoIP, unified communications (UC), virtual desktops (DaaS / VDI), virtual servers (VPS), virtual datacenters (VDC / IaaS), cloud applications (SaaS), collaboration, database, and more. These services can be managed at a fine grain level in an automated, secured, compliant, policy controlled manner, via easy to use role-based self-service portals. Ensim solutions easily overlay, interface, and integrate with existing eco-systems.
- 2015 - Ensim Automation Suite adds over 60 new features such as Ticketing, Business Analytics and Reporting, Advanced Billing Configurator, Custom Price Books, Multi-level/N-tier Order and Discount Approval Workflow, Enhanced Reseller and Agent Enablement, Automation Service Bundling, and Enhanced Subscription Management. Many new automation service connectors including Microsoft CSP for Office 365 and Azure, Box, Softlayer, Exchange 2016, Skype for Business, and Intel/McAfee Security are also added. Ensim adds major new MSP, Enterprise, and Service Provider customers in multiple countries, several with one hundred thousand plus sized user and customer bases. Ensim surpasses 5 million seats deployed worldwide.
- 2014 - Ensim receives multiple awards and presents at leading industry events related to Cloud Enablement and Subscription Management. Many new automation service connectors are added such as Microsoft Systems Center and Hyper-V, VMware vCenter and vCloud Director, Microsoft VDI, Symantec Security, and Ensim’s own Storage as a Service solution. Ensim selected by Hitachi Data Systems as OEM partner to enable converged infrastructure platforms. Ensim is selected by CDW to enable its cloud services business beating out dozens of competitors.
- 2013 - Ensim selected as a Finalist for 2013-14 Cloud Awards Program for Best Cloud Payment, Chargeback or Billing Solution and Best Cloud Automation Solution categories and also featured on the Stratecast - Frost & Sullivan’s prestigious “Global 10 OSS/BSS to Watch in 2013” list. Ensim launches Cloud Marketplace enablement for Service Providers and Resellers to showcase their products and offers with simple search, compare and buy features. Ensim is the first to support Exchange 2013, Lync 2013 and SharePoint 2013. Other new automation connectors released include Mozy Backup and BroadSoft BroadWorks VoIP.
- 2012 - Ensim launches enterprise version of Ensim Service Catalog Manager, enabling enterprises a complete user self-ordering and end to end automated provisioning solution advancing the consumerization of IT business services trend. Ensim expands senior management team and increases staff to support growing demand of its technologies and launches 50th connector. After successfully completing integration of core products, Ensim rebrands all solutions under the "Ensim Automation Suite" and surpasses 3 million seats deployed worldwide.
- 2011 - Ensim launches Ensim Service Catalog Manager, a complete telco grade BSS / Service Catalog solution for ordering, product catalog, invoicing, and orchestration of the entire customer and service on-boarding and life cycle management process and is selected by major telecoms beating out established tier one alternative solutions. Ensim launches system integration partnerships with Dell and Wipro and adds several major telecom customers around the world.
- 2010 - Ensim releases Audit Manager for Windows 2008 AD auditing and major new releases of both its Unify Enterprise and Service Provider Editions. Ensim wins Windows IT Pro 2010 Editors' Best Award, Network Products Guide 2010 Product Innovation Award, Reader Trust Award for Best in Automated Compliance Management, Internet Telephony® Magazine’s Twelfth Annual Product of the Year Award, and Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award. Ensim wins several tier one MSP partners resulting in several Fortune 500 and Government Agency deployments.
- 2009 - Ensim and its growing service provider and reseller network surpassed 2 million seats. Ensim selected as management platform for largest Microsoft OCS deployment in North America with over 150,000 seats (later grows to 270,000 seats). Ensim first to deploy full management support for Exchange 2010 in both Enterprise and Hosting modes, Ensim Unify receives Product of the Year award from Unified Communication Magazine.
- 2008 - Launched Ensim Unify Enterprise Edition for dedicated Exchange management and its named the 2008 "Editor's Best" Award Winner by Windows IT Pro Magazine. Ensim Unify Service Provider Edition selected by telecom giant KDDI to power its SaaS offering.
- 2007 - Licensed various Ensim technologies and patents in; hypervisor, virtualization environment management, and VoIP, to several industry leading companies to embed into their solutions. Sold Ensim Pro Linux and Windows webhosting product line (exited small scale single-server webhosting business).
- 2006 - Released connectors for Siemens OpenScape (UC) and BroadSoft’s Broadworks (VoIP). Released Device Manager SDK allowing management and configuration of clients and devices. Spun out Ensim VM Lab Manager (used as base technology for Akimbi, later sold to VMware).
- 2005 - Acquired Telegea, leading developer of Java based service delivery solutions for VoIP service providers. Released Ensim Unify SDK, allowing ISV’s and service providers to develop their own connectors and offer applications as a hosted service directly or through Ensims partner network (over 25 connectors built to date).
- 2004 - Released connectors for SharePoint, Live Communication Server, BlackBerry, Fenestrae Communication Server, Cycos Communications Server, Linux Hosting (Appache), and MySQL.
- 2003 - Launched Ensim Unify (co-developed and marketed with Microsoft) enabling service providers to host Microsoft Exchange, Windows based Websites, MS SQL, and more.
- 2002 - Launched Ensim Exchange Manager to provision and manage exchange in a multi-tenant environment.
- 2001 - Introduced Ensim Pro (aka; Webppliance) integrated web hosting solution for Linux and Windows multi-tenant single server environments.
- 2000 - Introduced Server xChange and App xChange ASP management platforms.
- 1999 - First commercially available virtual private server (VPS) hypervisor solution (14 patents awarded).
- 1998 - Founded at the Cornell University based on graduate research into virtualization technology.