Job opening of Systems Engineer
Position Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Durgapur, India
Immediate Openings: 1
Experience: 2 to 3 years
The Network Administrator will provide day-to-day hands on support to the organization's server and end user systems including laptops, desktops, servers, mobile devices and applications. This position interfaces mainly with internal employees and departments with some interaction with external management. Common tasks include troubleshooting server issues, user desktop issues, building and configuring new PC's, performing various updates. Providing remote support for branch offices. Other areas of responsibility are LAN support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, Anti-Virus management, image management, application installs, user support and training, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 2-3 years of relative work experience
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Basic knowledge of WAN/LAN/VLAN/VPN networking
- Server, Desktop and Laptop Break/Fix experience
- Work experience in Windows OS’s (Win-7, Win-8, Win-10, Win2k8, Win2k12)
- Storage Knowledge, RAID technologies
- Knowledge of remote diagnostics tools
- Linux OS experience a plus
- Desktop Security Best Practices required
- Experience in Routers / Firewall / Backup Solutions / Virtualization a plus
- Administer routers, switches, firewalls security updates and patches.
- Knowledge on AD/LDAP server, DNS, Proxy, MS-Exchange.
- Preferable MS-SQL, MySQL, Postgre-SQL.
- Assist with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment, with a client-centric culture, and an environment of high performers.
- Must be able to multi-task and shift priorities as needed.
- Must be skilful enough to collaborate with project teams, interface with clients and facilitate service improvement.
- Must be able to work effectively with numerous stakeholder types and bring a group to consensus.
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through.